1. Why the merger with RSL-AZ?
RSL-AZ offers every platform: Competitive Teams (APL, ASL, POSOL, & U7-10 Youth Academy), Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) and MLS Next Academy for Boys and is the only pathway to professional soccer—up to the MLS for boys and the NWSL for girls. Our goal is to provide continued development and growth opportunities to every player in our club and the merger with RSL-AZ helps us achieve this goal in a number of ways:
• Our kids will now have access to more programs, including soccer camps, clinics, that will offer greater development opportunities at every level of competition. Some of these program will be specific with the West Valley players. Our older players will also have access to the RSL-AZ College Recruitment Program, to help them pursue their goal to play at the next level in College.
• Our coaches will benefit from an unified coaching curriculum, developed by RSL-AZ and will have access to coaches education programs.
• As a RSL-AZ West Valley, we will have guaranteed acceptance to RSL-AZ &
partnering club tournaments: San Diego, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, etc., in addition to a tournament hosted in the West Valley.
• Lastly, the merger with RSL-AZ will provide access to more fields for training and competition as well access to marketing and promotional resources.
2. Will my fees increase?
For the 2021/22 season, we will be returning to pre-covid registration fee. As in previous year, we will work to keep our season fee as low as possible.
3. Will players need new uniforms? And when?
After tryouts for 2021/22 season player will need to buy a new uniform to reflect the merger. This is a change in uniform season as well so new uniforms would have been needed regardless. Uniforms & fan gear will be ordered on the Soccer.com platform and shipped directly to you.
4. What will happen to my team/coach? Will it stay the same?
Our plan is to retain all current coaches and teams. Tryouts will begin April 25th (U11 & younger) May 1st (U12 & older) and at the times, as with every year in the past, we will evaluate and place coaches where they are the most beneficial for the players. Overall we can expect coaching education and quality to increase.
5. Will there be training differences?
Schedule and locations of training may change as we acquire more facilities. As per the training format, we are currently working with RSL-AZ coaching staff to evaluate whether changes are needed. We are excited to share with all of you what we are working on and will be sending more info to parents and players as soon as is available.
6. When will the official change occur?
Arizona FC will officially become RSL-AZ West Valley on April 25th. Until that time we will work closely with RSL-AZ but retain our uniforms, logo etc.
7. Will team rankings stay the same?
Yes, teams will retain their records and rankings.
8. Will we play other RSLAZ teams?
We will continue to play other RSL-AZ teams as well as all other clubs.
9. Overall, what will change and what will stay the same?
In addition to all the items described in above questions, we are excited for the following changes:
• Ability to plan out the tournament season ahead of time for the season for teams based on age and need. Expenses can be rolled into 3 first months of of the season as in prior years. (As we did pre-covid)
• Opportunity to build teams at different levels to maximize development of players
• Ability for players & coaches to attend and/or play in higher platforms to learn & develop.
Take a look at the new website!
Arizona FC Club Soccer
15411 W Waddell Rd #102, Surprise, AZ 85379
Copyright © 2021 Arizona FC - All Rights Reserved.